StickManStickMan in the press
Andrew Hookway reviews StickManStickMan for his school (PDF warning)
StickManStickMan in UK broadsheet newspaper The Independent
Large banners (468x60)
Animated comics (120x120)
Small banners (88x31)
Unused banner ideas
I also intended to one day make a banner which cycled through the following phrases:
- CLICK HERE!
- YOU MUST CLICK HERE NOW!
- NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT!
- CLICK HERE OR VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!
- I'M NOT KIDDING!
- YOU HAVE TO CLICK THIS BANNER RIGHT NOW!
- THIS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE!
- YOU SHOULD HAVE CLICKED BY NOW!
- DO IT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!
- YOU'RE NOT CLICKING!
- BY NOT CLICKING, YOU'RE JEOPARDISING THE SAFETY OF THE ENTIRE WORLD!
- BILLIONS OF LIVES DEPEND ON YOU CLICKING THIS BANNER!
- OH, THE HUMANITY!
You're allowed to write a short description of your comic for its entry in the
Keenspace comics listing. Here's the one I originally wrote for StickManStickMan:
Probably one of the best-drawn comics ever to reach the internet, StickManStickMan is the epic,
ongoing saga of two as yet unnamed stickmen who ricochet madly from one chaotic adventure to
another across the infinite canvas of time, space, pizza and Quake. One of them is the Chosen
One, having ultimate power over all vidoegames, the other is his long-suffering voice of reason.
Together, they save the world as many as six times every day!
Much later, as the comic was drawing to a close, I changed the blurb to this:
Since the comic began, our protagonists have gained superhuman videogaming powers, usurped alien
emperors, blown up the Moon and saved the Earth a dozen times over. But now the thousand-comic
cycle of StickManStickMan is coming to an end, and they must face their greatest challenge ever.
679 years have passed, and Guy Mienczakowski's true destiny has revealed itself. Can he use all
his experience and skills to face down and defeat the single most powerful being ever to exist?
Can the One triumph over Zero? Or will it be Game Over for the entire universe and everybody in
it? A quintillion lives are on the line...
Old site intro
These went up inside the <title> tags. Some were never used.
- StickManStickMan: The original Badly-Drawn Boys
- Nobody has ever died while reading StickManStickMan
- StickManStickMan: The *funny* comic
- Ask The Man From StickManStickMan
- StickManStickMan: Made by people, for people
- Would you give someone your last stickman?
- Only *smart* people read StickManStickMan! Are YOU smart?
- StickManStickMan: Tetris is a religion
- StickManStickMan: Men have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but skybox
- StickManStickMan: If anything, we should sue Nike
- StickManStickMan: Not affiliated with Nike, but we can dream
- StickManStickMan: "Beats porn anyday" [note: this is a genuine quote from somebody reading StickManStickMan]
- StickManStickMan: Absolutely nothing to do with Neon Genesis Evangelion. At all.
- StickManStickMan: 70% darker and more satanic than the other leading mill
- in glorious 2D
- in glorious monochrome
Site and contents © qntm.
Email act[ ]firstname.lastname@example.org (put "ini" in the gap)